Below are two reminders for next week. Most importantly, scroll down to see which ingredient your child needs to bring on Monday for Tuesday’s Thanksgiving Soup.
BCD Lost and Found
Has your child’s wardrobe gradually disappeared this fall? Are you wondering where those coats, gloves, and shirts are? There is a good chance that they are in the BCD Lost and Found. Please stop by the walkway in front on the gym on Monday or Tuesday of next week to claim your lost items before they are donated.
Thanksgiving Soup and Dismissal for Break
Thanksgiving Soup is served Tuesday, November 22 at noon. The students will be dismissed for the Thanksgiving break at 1:00, immediately following Soup. There will not be any after school activities that day.
Volunteers will cook the soup on Monday. All soup ingredients should be delivered to Fitzpatrick Hall by your children at drop-off on Monday, November 21.
Below is a list of the soup ingredients assigned to each grade*.
*Please note that some ingredients should remain whole or packaged and some should be chopped. A good rule of thumb in making 1/4″ dice chops is to cut the veggies small enough to fit two to three pieces per soup spoon. Kindly send any chopped veggies in a reusable container labeled with your child’s name and grade (masking tape will do!). All empty containers will then be returned to your child’s homeroom.
- Pre-K – one apple
- Kindergarten - one apple and one bunch of celery per student (they will chop in class)
- 1st Grade - one apple and one zucchini per student – chopped and in a labeled reusable container
- 2nd Grade - one apple and 8 large cloves (NOT heads!) of garlic per student – NOT peeled or chopped
- 3rd Grade - one apple and one stick of butter per student
- 4th Grade - one apple and 2 whole onions per student – NOT peeled or chopped
- 5th Grade - one apple and one zucchini per student – peeled, chopped and in a labeled reusable container
- 6th Grade - one apple and one 28oz can crushed tomatoes per student
- 7th Grade - one apple and 2 carrots per student – peeled, chopped and in a labeled reusable container
- 8th Grade - one apple and one bunch of scallions per student – NOT chopped
- 9th Grade - one apple and one potato per student- peeled, chopped and in a labeled reusable container.
Thank you and see you next week.